From the 2017 event. We’ll be updating for the 2021 event in the near future.
The Food Sovereignty Symposium & Festival includes multiple venues and partners across Madison, Wisconsin. The main event spaces on the University of Wisconsin-Madison campus include Union South, the Wisconsin Institutes for Discovery, and De Jope Residence Hall. Click here to access an interactive, online version of the map below.
An event hotel room block is available at the Best Western Inn Towner that offers free shuttle service to campus locations.
- The rooms will be held until midnight March 1st at the negotiated rate. Any rooms that are not reserved by then will be released.
- Reservations can be made at 608-233-8778 or www.InnTowner.com/reservations using the group code.
- The group code is FOOD17
- The negotiated rate is $82/night for one person and $92/night for two people for state employees who show a state employee ID.
- For all others the room rate is $119.99 per night, plus tax.
- Any room cancellations must be made at least 24 hours before check-in time to avoid a charge.
Pop-ups of indigenous foods at local restaurants featuring the work of:
- Tashia Hart and Brian Yazzie from the Sioux Chef in Minneapolis
- Ben Jacobs, Tocabe in Denver
- Karlos Baca, Taste of Native Cuisine, Dunton Hot Springs, CO
- Kristina Stanley, Brown Rice and Honey
- Dan Cornelius, Intertribal Agriculture Council, Native Market
Participating restaurants featuring indigenous ingredients include:
- Wisconsin Union
- Steenbocks on Orchard (Wisconsin Institutes for Discovery)
- Slow Food UW
- Weary Traveler
- The Concourse
- Gray’s Tied House
- select Food Fight Restaurants
- Brown Rice and Honey